Saturday, December 5, 2009

My period(+ballet)....?

I do ballet, and therefore I wear a leotard.



My period had been irregular so I was able hide my period from my dance intructors by taking a few days off.



I am using pads now but I know that it would look awkward under a leotard!!!! what should I do?? i'm afraid of tampons by the way.. HELP!



My period(+ballet)....?performing show



This is a ask mom question.



My period(+ballet)....?opera score opera theater



i take ballet and i have the same problem. You know you're not suppossed to wear underwear under a leotard right? You're going to have to wear tampons. don't worry theres nothing to be afraid of. Just don't leave them in for like 6 hours or something. If you take it out as soon as you get home from ballet and switch to a pad then you won't even get close to having any problems wih it.
Consider using the ultra-thin pads - they're about as thick as a panty liner these days! Reconsider using tampons - they will help alleviate the discomfort of possibly "seeing" a pad.



But why, I wonder, would you be concerned with your dance instructors seeing that you're a female anyway? Do you think that NO ONE else has EVER had a period while they danced? That's just plain silly and irrational.



If one of them SHOULD say something to you (and they probably won't) just tell them straight up that you've got your period. What are they going to do? Fire you? Tell you that you can't dance this week?? I think not!



So, just wear the ultra-thins, a tight-fitting pair of underpants under your leotard (which won't be seen between the leggings %26amp; the leotard anyway) and you should be set. Good luck!
Tampons are easy, hon. They look scarier than they are. Try the slenders for light days first and try the ones with curved plastic applicators (Tampax Pearl is a great one). There's detailed instructions that come with them, but I sit on the toilet when I insert them, it's easier as my muscles tend to clamp up when I stand to do it. Just relax, aim the end of the tampon at the small of your back, and push it in until the end of the applicator just disappears inside you (then take it out of course...don't leave it in). Properly inserted, you can't see or feel it. Give it a try, hon. You won't be sorry.
Try using panty liners and just be sure to change them as often as possible. Wear a dark leotard so if you stain it it won鈥瞭 be noticeable. I understand you being afraid to use tampons, I was too and didn鈥瞭 start using them until I was about 16. Try the smallest size possible, slender junior I think it鈥瞫 called by Tampax.
Why are you afraid of Tampons? They don't hurt, and actually I think if you would use them once you would be hooked! I never liked to use them and I did and now I wonder why I wore pads all those years. Ask your mom or friend who uses them to help. There are instructions in the box of what to do and if you doesn't work the the first time try again. It takes practice to make perfect.
dont worry, i horseback ride and it was awkward using pads, but you could try using a tampon. i was scared too, but i use tampax compact. they are really small, slim and have a plastic applicator. it will only hurt if you tense up while trying to put one in.



if you have no desire to use tampons, use a pantliner.
ur gonna have to wear tampons. dont worry they dont hurt. i thought they would to. it feels weird at first but then u get used to it.
I think you're going to have to use tampons. I know it sounds scary, but it'll be okay. You have to first, stay really calm. Just take a deep breath, and let it out. Clear your mind, and don't think about where it going, or how it's going to feel. TRUST me. I did it this way, and I came out okay! Second, try sitting on the toilet, spreading your legs just a bit, and aiming reeeeely low. You'll 'feel' the right spot, cause it's the only place it'll fit. Once again, keep calm, and breath often, and slow. It'll be okay. Try using the smallest size until you become comfortable with what your doing, and also use panti-liners as well. If anybody finds out, just be honest. I'm assuming your dance teacher is a woman --- if not, and Lord, I'm hoping it is, but if not, tell him to talk with your mom or who ever picks you up about it, or have them call your mom or whoever. I'm pretty sure you'll be okay!! :)
you really should ask your mom to buy you a book on this because tampons really do help I do dance and I know what ur talking about if ur afraid of tampons get some heavy duty pads they work 2. Good Luck
You can wear a tampons, please dint forget to take the tampon off,my sister forgot to take the tampon off,and she had to go to the doctor.You will be ok. keep your tampon change.
honey, don't be afraid of tampons. When you buy them they come with instructions, and there are pictures that will help you if you're not sure what to do. I assure you that they dont hurt, and once they are in properly you wont feel it at all. Talk to a girlfriend that you trust who may know more about it and can help you. I know it's embarrassing, but we all go through it, and you'll be ok, just try to relaxe as much as possible if you do try tampons, because if you are tense, it will be hard to get in properly and may cause discomfort.
I would use a tampon. If you are afraid then try shoving a little bit of toilet paper up there.
How old are you? Is there someone you can talk to about this like your mom, an aunt or any other female who uses tampons? It might look weird to wear a pad with a leotard, so you should use a tampon if you're worried about your appearance. Inside every box of tampons there are instructions on how to use them. It has drawings too so you know where to put them and how often to change them and so forth. Try using a "regular" or "lite" or "teen" asorbancy at first, they will be slim and easier to use.
You can wear a thin and strong pad so you can dance easily.



You can also consult to a doctor to know why you have an irregular period.This irregularities is normal when its interval not so different and you have no pain.If its difference is long enough and you have pain in your period you must consult to a gyneacologistmaybe you have something wrong in your womb.
There's a disposable menstrual cup called Instead that you can use. Personally, I prefer tampons, but it might work better for you. You should be able to find them in drug stores, Walmart, and Target.
r
try to use a tampon once you start using them they are very easy to insert and you should not feel any pain. I hate pads now only use when I have to....
i was really afraid of tampons too but o my gosh do they make a difference. ask someone you know who uses them or just use the instruction thing on the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd