Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is starting ballet at the age of 14 a good idea?

I've been dancing my whole life, but now I want to get serious and start training in ballet for my future. Allot of people say I should of started at a younger age. Is that true?



Is starting ballet at the age of 14 a good idea?symphony



No. Not true at all.



I started DANCING, like JUST learning with no experience, at the age of 12, and it's been 5 years since then, and I KNOW that there are some people who are my age who have been dancing since the age of 4 that I have easily passed. It's not when you start, it's how dedicated and how talented you are.



Honestly, if you're willing to work for it, I would say there's no difference.



In fact, it may be better that you're starting at age 14, especially going on pointe. Because starting before the age of 12 with pointe is scientifically proven to weaken your ankles immensely. So more power to ya!



Good luck. Dancing's my passion, so I'm glad I can talk with someone with the same passion =)



Is starting ballet at the age of 14 a good idea?performing arts center opera theater



You could start now but it will be harder than if you'd started earlier. However, since you've already been dancing you should be pretty flexible which is the main reason ballet dancers start early so you might be ok.
im 13 and i started training for ballet 10 years ago. i think it would have been a better idea to start earlier, but if you work hard enough and well enough, you'd probably be able to get a lot more done than me. this is because ever since i was 3 ive only had 1 class a week because i had other things like soccer and karate and swimming. but if you are sure that you want to do ballet, i think you should spend as much time as you can on it but not too much. just wonder how long you have been doing ballet. you can email me at winterwonder122@yahoo.com id like to know how long you have been doing ballet and like in your classes if you take any what you are learning. hope i could help and if you email me, ill surely reply
There is no wrong time to do something that you want to do. It is better to try then to never know, what could have been. If you are serious than go for it. It is good exercise and a great experience. Have fun and go with it.
You said that your were dancing your whole life, what kind of dancing were you doing ? Yes it is true if your serious about ballet you usually start a lot younger, but who knows if you were dancing all your life you must have learned something. Try ballet for a year and see how you do, maybe you have a talent for it who know unless you try. Your teacher could tell if you have potential. Good luck, and don't give up too fast. !!!!!!!!
I started Ballet a year ago, and I'm 28. My teacher (who's been on Broadway and has had great professional success) told me that I have a lot of natural talent and that I should pursue Ballet further - even if it's just for fun and to enhance my other dancing. (I'm in musical theatre.) If it's not too late for me, it's certainly not too late for you! Go for it! You can't succeed if you never try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd