Thursday, December 10, 2009

In my ballet class we were working on battement d茅gag茅 and I constatly heard popping from my hip.?

I'm a newby at ballet. Is this a normal thing that will go away after lots of practice and stretching or could something be wrong with my hip?



It only occured on my left hip. I haven't had any physical problems previously.



In my ballet class we were working on battement d茅gag茅 and I constatly heard popping from my hip.?performing show



Hhhmm. That's weird. The best idea would be to talk to your teacher, but also one of the most important things is to keep your hips square(don't move them around). When your leg goes front, you should feel like your thigh bone is in the back of the hip socket, I'm not really sure how to explain. To get rid of the popping, you could also try holding your knee to the side and pulling it towards your shoulders, keeping your turnout(aka not sticking your butt out). Hope this helps!



In my ballet class we were working on battement d茅gag茅 and I constatly heard popping from my hip.?opera score opera theater



I know exactly what you mean. It feels like some kind of tendon or ligament moving around, right?



I had this problem when I started doing ballet. Make sure you use the muscles on the back of your leg to do battements, not just your quads. Also, work on stretching to improve your turnout; it'll loosen things up a little more. Hope this helps!
I pop a lot during warm up to. I think its normal. It hasn't bothered me. I think it feels good. It kind of feels like my joints are tight before they pop. I think its normal though.
Well I have bad hips so both of my hips pop all the time and hurt really bad,But i know those who dont have bad hips in my classes and theirs pop too the teacher said it was normal.
It could be that or you could be doing the step wrong. After one of your classes, go to your teacher and tell her what happened. Ask her if you can demonstrate the step for her. If you do something wrong, she will tell you what you are doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd