Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jazz or Ballet Classes!?

I am a 16 year old female firstly.



Secondly, I have just been booked in for a workshop with a agency for acting, basically because I would love to be an actress but because I am not that confident and I would definitely benefit a lot from the workshop, especially if I end up getting work.



However, my Mum %26amp; Aunty agreed that I would have more of a chance of getting work if I am versatile, like if I take dance classes as well as just the acting course.



I don't know which to choose out of Jazz %26amp; Ballet, at the moment I am leaning towards Jazz but I haven't had any experience in dancing before, apart from like 2 calisthenics classes %26amp; an irish dancing class many years ago..



Am I too old to begin lessons?



Will I be laughed off because I am inexperienced?



Thanks to anyone who answers =]



Jazz or Ballet Classes!?performing arts



u r not to old to start taking dance 4 one thing ... another is defiently take ballet.... In ballet u learn how to dance correctly instead of with no techinque....al though most people dont know good tecnique when they c it if u aduition for some thing and they ask u to dance then they will know for sure.. u will not b laughed at!!!



Jazz or Ballet Classes!?binoculars opera theater



ballet gets you fit and flexible... but jazz is probally funner... not that i have eny idea about either. ive had flamenco lesons wich is good aswel... but what ever you chose will boast up ur confedence
To start, you're never too old to begin dancing. Most studios offer beginner classes for teens or young adults. As to ballet or jazz, it depends. Ballet will help you with flexibility, discipline, and posture. Jazz is more likely to be used in a commercial and what not. If you think that the over all body lines need to be improved, I would go with ballet. If you are looking for something that will be used in acting, I would go with jazz. I hope I helped!
Ballet would be the best for you. Ballet is the root dance of all styles of dancing. You can't start dance at any age. Jazz would probably be more fun for you, but ballet would work on technique, turn out, placement and upper body. Although Jazz would help you with expression in your face...I would still stick with ballet.



And who cares if you don't have any training! You are in there to learn and that's all that matters. And almost every studio has bratty kids who will tease you. But just ignore them...most of them are just jealous of you. Good luck with the workshop and whichever dance class you decide to take!
You are never too old. I started taking classes at 39 (Irish dance).



Since you mentioned you have ID in your history, I would recommend Jazz. It is an easier discipline to pick up than ballet - ballet takes years to master.



Your family made a good suggestion. Versatility is always a good idea. You may get a small part because you can dance and then that leads into a betting acting position in a different production.
Your never too old to start %26amp;%26amp; i dont know the people you will be dancing with so idk if you will be laughed at but you shouldnt because they were there once. When I started in 6th grade i took ballet tap jazz and clogging. I liked both because ballet showed you the posture and ballance you need for jazz. And jazz you can just run with and have fun. So they both compensate for each other. I might would do both.
OF COURSE BALLET! because it gives you technique and flexibility .Also helps you to improve yourself and gain some confidence.



As for the age it is never to late , all depends to your dedication to the art.For example i was 15 years old when i start ballet classes and with my strong will i make it very well . Good luck!
no .. you are not too old! =] you can start at any age ....



i think you should just do jazz .. because although ballet gives you the technique it might not be what you are after...



but i have some advice. make a desicion sooner than later and start dancing!



=]
Hey,



I take both ballet and jazz. I think it is good to have different kinds of dancing. I dont know how to say it, but Ballet is more quiet. Jazz lets you have the experience to shake it! Lol
I really really like jazz classes. Ballet is ok, but in jazz you can get alot more into it where in ballet i feel like I'm just doing what i'm told and I don't really get to put much emotion into it.
I would suggest ballet because it is the base of all dance forms. Trying something else without ballet training might be challenging.
If i was you i would do jazz. I started jazz 3 years ago and am now 16, i love it. It is so much fun and really gives you a lot of confidence. I think jazz would help you because it is more modern fun dancing, ballet is very classical and hard!!



good luck with your acting

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd