Saturday, December 5, 2009

I love Ballet but is it to late?

I love ballet and I just started at 13. I know it's late and I have no plans on becoming a famouse dancer or even persuing a carreer in dance. But I would love more than anything to go on point. I know I'de be behind and It takes a couple or more years to get there but could a 16 or seventeen year old do point?



Thanks



I love Ballet but is it to late?say yes



Goodness I hope not... I am 17 and I just started ballet this year! I'm going to start pointe by the end of the year, so DEFINITELY not. In fact, if I could I would totally go pro. Unfortunately, that might be a little late. But as for starting pointe? definitely not.



I love Ballet but is it to late?palace theatre opera theater



Its never to late to do anything.
Nope. I know a lady in her mid-forties who is taking ballet classes. It's something she's always wanted to do and now she's doing it.
For recreation and exercise, you're all right, but for performance, you're way too late.
Sure, I used to do ballet, and I loved it. But I had to stop because we moved, but I wish I never stopped. So, yeah, sure you can do point when you 16 or 17.
Its actually probably better then because girls/children who have been doing classes since they were two and are just around 7 or 8 or so going on pointe, but their ankles aren't developed enough to do this. So, if you train hard enough and advance accordingly, I guess that you could achieve your desired level by 17 or 18 give or take.



Good luck and keep dancing!
Yup definitely! and Perseus is right, sometimes girls start too early on pointe when their ankles are strong enough or even fully developed.
you can do it, but it really depends on your size. You gotta be tiny to be considered....
ITS NEVER TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!
CERTAINLY YES!!! Come on, just do it!
Its never too late. When you put your mind to it can do anything.
Yes you could go on pointe at 16 or 17, You are actually at the age they start considering it. You aren't supposed to go on pointe until you are around 14 or 15 anyways. You don't want to go on too early because you could hurt your feet really easily.
it is never too late and of course 16 or 17 go ahead have fun
HELOOOO LESLIE,



WELL I DONT THINK THAT ITS TOO LATE B'COZ EVEN I STARTED LEARNING BALLET N OTHER DANCES WHEN I WAS 17 N NOW AFTER 2 1/2 YRS M A GOOD TEACHER
Of course it's not too late!



Just because you're not like everyone else doesn't mean you're in the wrong. If you want to try point, then go for it. Practice every day for a certain amount of time. Start at fifteen minutes, than add about 5-10 minutes each week.



Don't worry, I'm thirteen and just starting again, I know plenty of girls younger than me are one point, but I'm not letting that stop me. You shouldn't either!



Dancing is for everyone, no matter what you look like, or what age you are.
You have a disadvantage.... but its not too late. The best pointe girl i know is like 20. I think its better to be older...you're prettier that way :P
I took ballet too when I was young. It is great exercise. Point takes practice, if you persevere, you can do it.
Never ever too late.



If your heart is in it - go for it!!!!!!!
If you have the strength and are a quick study...you will be on point in a year. Dance teachers look for physical development and if you are finished growing you should be OK for point.
Well, you should wait until you're ready to go on pointe. Your ballet instructor will let you know when that is, but you should also go to a doctor to make sure you are ready and so it wont destroy your feet.
sure your feet are already probably ok for poine it is just a matter of technique and capabilities
its never 2 late 2 start pointe. in fact u wud b fine 2 start wen ur 14
good god I hope it's not to late, you're only 13. If you want to dance on point you will sweety don't you worry about that.
Of course. I started when I was 12 and I did so well my teacher put me on pointe the next year. Just work hard at it. And you can be on pointe and 16 or 17...it is actually better sometimes because your feet are done forming and it will damage them less. Esp. if you don't want to become a professional dancer (you will get bad foot cramps, etc.).
Yes she can. And also you could try and get pprivate lessons if you would like
Just go for it. All it takes is some training!
I take point and I love it but I was traing my ankles about a year to prepare for it, it was not not hard you just need strong ankles and it will really depeneds on what your teacher thinks. If you want it bad enough you can definitly do it. Good Luck!



P.S. It is a lot of fun! Hope you do it.
its never too late



- go for it and have a lot of fun

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd