Thursday, December 10, 2009

Can you use pointe shoes for a ballet class?

I was out on injury from ballet/pointe for a couple years and now Im finally okkay to get back in but im taking a ballet class for a few months to "get back into it". I was just wondering if i would be appropriate to wear pointe shoes for the ballet classes.



Can you use pointe shoes for a ballet class?headache



I would ask your teacher. Say I would really like to get back on pointe, can I practice in class? If she lets you, it will probably be just for barre, but I'd clear it up with your teacher first.



Can you use pointe shoes for a ballet class?paramount theater opera theater



If it's not specifically a pointe class, no.
I would say no...



Unless it is a pointe class it would probably be inappropriate to wear pointe shoes...



Glad your healed so you can dance again though!
for like bar, yeah
I do sometimes, if my teacher allows it, but it is better to wear ballet shoes on days where you don't do point. Just so you can work your feet really good.
Depends on what type of class it is. If it's a pointe class then yes you can wear pointe shoes. Happy that your dancing again!!. Good luck!!! =D
Generally for a regular ballet class, no. Perhaps at barre.



Especially be carefull going back on pointe to fast before you regain strength back, because it's so easy to injure yourself. Talk to your teacher as to when you have enough strength to do pointe again!
Not if it isn't a specific pointe class, however, fi your teacher wants, you could wear demi pointes. Theyre shankless pointe shoes so you can't actually go up on them.
Not if you have been out a while, you will have lost alot of strength and may reinjur yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd